Information Collection and Use
Information We Collect
- IP Addresses- We collect and log the IP address of all visitors to http://northwestnephrology.net. An IP address is a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. IP addresses allow computers and servers to recognize and communicate with one another. We collect IP address information so that we can properly manage our system and gather information about how our site is being used. This includes the pages visitors are viewing. Your IP address may be associated with records containing personal information.
- Personal information- includes information that is unique to an individual, such as a name, address, job title, email address or telephone number.
How We Use This Information
Northwest Nephrology Associates uses the information you provide to fulfill online requests, process credit card information and respond to customer service inquiries, or in other ways as required by law.
We may use your information:
- To help us improve the services we offer
- To personalize your experience and inform you about the treatments/services in which you have indicated an interest
- To improve our website offerings and send you information and updates
- To respond to your questions and requests and improve customer service
- To administer a promotion, survey or other site feature
Only those who need the information provided to perform a specific task have access to your information. These are authorized members of the Northwest Nephrology Associates workforce, who are required to attend training on patient privacy and confidentiality. In some cases, third parties contracted by Northwest Nephrology Associates may have access to your information to perform a specific task, for example, to send you an e-newsletter.
Northwest Nephrology Associates makes every reasonable effort to ensure that your personal information remains as secure as possible. Accordingly, we prevent unauthorized access by a secure firewall and use of security technologies to protect the integrity and privacy of any personal information you provide.
As an additional security measure, your personal information is also encrypted during transmission by Secure Socket Layer 128-bit encryption software. (Encryption is a common method used to transmit sensitive data across the Internet. Encryption temporarily makes the text unreadable during the time it is being transmitted over the Internet.) This is an industry standard.
Although we endeavor to protect your personal information, Northwest Nephrology Associates can not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through online applications, and you do so at your own risk. Depending on the nature of the inquiry, your communication could be discarded or archived. If you wish, you can contact us instead by telephone at the numbers provided throughout our site.
Occasionally, we will request personal information from you in order to deliver materials you have requested, respond to your questions or provide information. Northwest Nephrology Associates keeps personal information on file, but does not share, sell, license or transmit this information to third parties or external vendors unless required to do so by legal, judicial or governmental proceedings, or in order to provide the services requested. Please note that email is considered a nonencrypted (and therefore nonsecure) form of communication, and it can be accessed and viewed by others without your knowledge and permission.
The Northwest Nephrology Associates website uses “cookies” to determine the number of times a page on the website has been accessed. Cookies are small computer files that a website can transfer to your computer. Examples of information we collect include how often someone visits our site and what they do while on our site. We use this information in the aggregate to understand how our visitors as a group use different resources and to help us improve our site. We also collect information about the activity of individual website users. For users who have opted in to receive updates or other information from Northwest Nephrology Associates via email, these reports may contain personal information.
Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can set your browser to refuse them or to alert you when they are being sent. You can access the information on the Northwest Nephrology Associates website without enabling cookies in your browser.
Third-Party Vendors/Content Providers
Northwest Nephrology Associates never shares any personal information you provide when requesting information with third parties, except as required by law or in order to provide the services requested. Northwest Nephrology Associates occasionally will engage reputable third-party vendors to help us manage our website, provide content and information, and interact better with our patients and visitors.
Links to External Websites
Changes to This Policy